- Who are we?
- How do we collect information?
- What Information do we collect?
- Who do we share your information with?
- How do we use your information?
- What cookies do we use?
- How secure is our site and what steps do we take to keep your information safe?
- Your rights and responsibilities
1. Who are we?
AZMoney.co.uk is a trading style of Advantage Leads Limited who is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the, "DPA") and the Information Commissioner's Office (the, "ICO") under registration number and operates in accordance with these laws, as well as The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (the, "Directive").
AZMoney.co.uk are aware how important your privacy is, based on this we have implemented measures which will ensure any personal data that is obtained from you by visiting our website will be processed and maintained in line with accepted principles of good information handling and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Contained within this statement and set out below are details of the type of information that we at may hold about you our customer, also how we obtain and process any information we may have and importantly how we protect your privacy.
2. How Do We Collect Information?
If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal information, or any other related data protection questions, please contact our Compliance Team .
3. What Information Do We Collect?
We collect personal information about you when you give this to us when applying for a quote online. In the course of providing the Services to you, we may also store information about how you use our Sites, for example, the pages viewed, the website from which you came to visit our Sites, changes you make to information you supply to us, details of the quotes you request and your applications, together with details of your financial information, for example, bank account or payment details.
We will store the information you provide and may use it to pre-populate fields on the Sites and to make it easier for you to use the Sites when making return visits
We may monitor or record your calls, emails, SMS or other communications but we will do so in accordance with data protection legislation and other applicable law. Monitoring or recording will always be for business purposes, such as for quality control and training (e.g. where you call our compliance or customer service department), to prevent unauthorised use of our telecommunication systems and Sites, to ensure effective systems operation, to meet any legal obligation and/or to prevent or detect crime.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law.
4. Who do we share your information with?
When you complete an application, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties:
- b. Trusted third parties but only where you have opted in to allow us to do so and where we believe their products, services or other offers may interest you. These trusted parties could be the following:
- c. Our channel operators: whilst the majority of the channels on our Sites are run by us, some of our channels are designed and maintained for us by our third party service providers. We may receive your personal information from these service providers and use it in accordance with section 4 above. We will only use the personal information we receive from third parties where the relevant third party can show that it was collected and processed with your consent;
- d. the Information Commissioners Office and/or other regulatory/governing bodies, for the purposes of compliance monitoring;
Where permitted by data protection and privacy law, we may also disclose information about you (including electronic identifiers such as IP addresses) and/or access your account:
- a. if required or permitted to do so by law;
- b. if required to do so by any court, the Information Commissioners Office or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency;
- c. if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; and/or
- d. in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of our business.
If we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
Who might our panel of lenders and credit brokers providers share your information with?
Some of our providers will use your personal information to assess your circumstances (including information about any third party who is named on the policy) and verify the information that you have provided before providing a quote to you. Some providers may carry out checks with fraud prevention and credit reference agencies. Both public data (e.g. the electoral roll) and private data (e.g. your personal credit history) may be checked in this way. Some providers may carry out checks against data they already hold on you, (or is held by the company whose brand they administer the product for, or members of their group of companies) such as data from existing products, account data, data from previous product transactions, accounts you may hold with them or loyalty scheme data to share with insurers in order to determine your premium If providers carry out these searches, a record of the search will appear on your credit report. Some providers may also check public and private higher education sources to obtain information about your educational background.
This information exchange allows providers to verify the information that is provided during the quote process (including information about any third party who is named on the policy), and also helps to detect fraudulent applications. These checks are not unique to users of our Services - they may also be carried out if you obtain quotes from other sources.
5. How do we use your information?
We may use your personal information:
- a. to enable you to access and use the Services;
- b. to personalise and improve aspects of our Services;
- c. for research, such as analysing market trends and customer demographics;
- d. to communicate with you, including some or all of the following: i. sending you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you - this may include new product launches such as personal loans and secured loans, newsletters and opportunities to participate in market research; ii. sending you quotes in order to provide this service to you, we may also send that information to our partners so that they can calculate their quotes. iii. sending you a confirmation email of your quote - when you submit an application with us, you will automatically be sent confirmation of your application by email or SMS so that you have a record of it;
- e. to process an application between you and a third party;
- f. to search the websites of our trusted partners in order to obtain the best quotes and financial solutions available to you;
- g. to track sales, which may involve us sharing data with your product provider relating to the product(s) you have purchased. Your product provider may also send us information they hold relating to the product(s) you have purchased for this purpose;
- h. to match our data with data from other sources - we may validate and analyse your information and, in some cases, match it against information that has been collected by a third party to ensure that the information we hold about you is as accurate, consistent and well-organised as possible. As well as ensuring that any marketing material that we send you is appropriate to your needs, this process also ensures that our Services continue to be as personalised and focused as possible;
- i. to circulate our customer survey review which are available to customers once an application has been completed;
- j. to enable you to share our content with others, e.g. by using any 'Email a friend' or 'Share this' functionality on our Sites.
Keeping you informed about the Services: You agree that we and, with your consent, other trusted third parties will be entitled to contact you (depending on your contact preferences) via email, post, telephone, SMS, or by other electronic means such as via social and digital media, in relation to products, services and other offers that may interest you.
Whenever you provide us with personal information, where necessary we will seek your consent and/or we will give you an opportunity to tell us you do not consent to the use and sharing of your information for marketing purposes. Unless you tell us otherwise, you are consenting to such use.
6. What cookies do we use?
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer or device. Cookies help us to:
- a. understand browsing habits on the Sites;
- b. understand the number of visitors to the Sites and the pages visited; and
- c. remember you when you return to the Sites so we can provide you with access to previously saved quotes.
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser or mobile application - these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer or device either until you delete them or they expire. The cookie used to keep you signed in to your account expires after 90 days. Every time you visit azmoney.co.uk, you will be kept signed in for a further 90 days. By using the Services, you consent to us using cookies.
7. How secure is our site and what steps do we take to keep you safe?
Our Sites are "VeriSign Secure Websites" and keeping information about you secure is very important to us. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Sensitive information, for example, your card details, is encrypted to minimise the risk of interception during transit.
You may complete a registration process when you sign up to use parts of the Sites. This may include the creation of a username, password and/or other identification information. Any such details should be kept confidential by you and should not be disclosed to or shared with anyone. Where you do disclose any of these details, you are solely responsible for all activities undertaken on the Sites where they are used. To protect your account, we ask you to choose a strong password to access your information on our Sites. A strong password should include a mixture of letters and numbers. Your password can only be reset with access to the email address registered in our system.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can't guarantee or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. By using our Sites you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
8. Your rights and responsibilities
You have certain rights under data protection legislation. For example, we will always let you have a copy of the personal information we hold about you, if you request it from us in writing. The law allows us to charge you a £10.00 fee for a copy of such information and we may do so.
If you would like to opt out of future contact from please enter your details via www.removeme.co.uk or email us where your details will be removed from any future marketing campaign.
In order to ensure the Services we provide you continue to meet your needs we may ask you for feedback on your experience of using the Sites. Any feedback you provide will only be used as part of our programme of continuous improvement and will not be published on the Sites.
Note that it is your responsibility to check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide on the Sites is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts.